Saturday, July 26, 2008

A milestone has been reached!

Today, I've come across the first game that have compatibility issues that actually affect gameplay. It's Starwing, the european version of Star Fox. The problem with this game is that a certain spot on the screen, a vertical bar slightly right of the center, is distorted and shows a completely different area of the screen than it should. This makes it very hard to play the game correctly, as it's pretty hard to see enemies and obstacles to the right of your Arwing.

I've installed a 50/60 hz switch on my Retro Duo, and with this switch set to 50 hz mode, the game looks as it should... except it's in black and white. Switching back to 60 hz makes the vertical bar come back. So, this is the first game I can put down on my compatibility list as playable, but with serious issues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often..

rachelle madrigal
www.imarksweb.org