Wednesday, August 6, 2008

And here comes another one...

Now I've found the first game I've seen that won't work on the RetroDuo at all. It's Kirby's Fun Pak, the european version of Kirby Super Star. This game just flat out refuses to run, and gives no signal to the TV at all. I've read that this is because it uses an SA-1 chip, which has stricter region protection. I've also read that you can remedy this by soldering a specific pin on the SA-1 chip to ground, but that's not something I'm prepared to try out just yet. So for now, it's marked up as not working at all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super Mario All Stars PAL-version gives "this game pak is not desigined for your super nes or super famicom!" when trying to play it on a retroduo.

yeah, it has a typo in it :D

All other games i have tried work just fine, you should keep the compatibility list up to date and maybe accept confirmations from other people as well! :D