Monday, August 11, 2008

Super 8-in-1, NES

Time to take a closer look at one of my pirate multicarts. I really like these things, as they're odd, weird and a great opportunity to play some games you've never seen before.

This one looks like this:



And here's the menu screen:


It's a bit more fancy of a menu screen than I've seen before. It's animated and sparkly, and has music.

Let's go through the games:

1. Super Contra
Or Super C, or Probotector 2. Good shooter.

2. Ninja Gaiden 2
The sequel to the game known as Shadow Warrior in europe.

3. Robocop
Yup, walking slowly and shooting at everything that moves, that's ol' Robo alright.

4. Double Dragon 2
No surprise here either.

5. Heavy Barrel
Here's where things get a bit interesting, I've never heard of this game before. It's an overhead shooter, in the Commando or Ikari Warriors style. Most games on this cart are japanese, but this one has all english text in game.

6. Fancy Bros. 2
Behind this "fancy" name hides good ol' Super Mario Bros. 2.

7. Super Mario. 3
Super Mario Bros. 3. No surprise.

8. Dead Fox
Another game I haven't heard of before. It plays exactly like Rolling Thunder, but with different graphics. Could be some sort of sequel to Rolling Thunder, I guess.

So, overall, a really good multicart. Some great action classics, both if you're alone or if you have a friend to play along with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you still have this cart, i really wanna play those games and have my own, if u have it, can u sell it to me?